Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Well, today is "surgical hook" day!  I go to the OD this morning and they install the hardware... Not looking forward to more hooks! The ones that I have had since the beginning of braces have started bothering me over the last three months.  I think it is just because of ten way my teeth have shifted.  No pain, no gain - right?

Other big news! My wonderful husband went to Costco yesterday and picked up a Magic Bullet Deluxe for me to use after surgery! (who needs jewelry when you can get appliances!)  really, I'm very excited about this.  I have read several blogs that have mentioned that this is just more convenient than a big clunky blender. It comes with several smaller "cups" that. An be used to blend, drink, or save for later.  It also came with a couple of "to go" lids just like on my favorite to-go Starbucks mug!!

That's it for now!  To keep myself busy this weekend my friend Krys and I are headed to the north end of Tennessee for an overnight at a haunted Bed and Breakfast!!!! I've never done this but she is a pro! We are going with about 5 others, so if nothing else it will be fun just to be with this wacky bunch!!

My time line so far:
October 1985, both upper and lower jaw surgery to correct sever open bite, over bite, and receded lower jaw. This was after 3 years of braces!

February 2011: braces back on! Seem to be much more modern than the thick wires of old! Much less pain than in the "old days"

August 2012: OD said I was ready to see the surgeon an schedule!  Met with the surgeon, and due to some scheduling issues on my part, set the date for September 28th!

September 2012: September 19th- surgical hooks go on, September 24th - final. Consultation with OS.  At this appointment I will be having final models made, get all of my medicine prescriptions, instructions, and will be able to ask any questions that I may think of last minute!!

Starting to get a little nervous - but not scared... Yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment