Monday, July 16, 2012

Well, It looks like the surgery will be scheduled for September 28th!  It would have been as soon as August, but one of the critical post-surgical follow up appointments would have fallen during a vacation week, and I will be out of town.  (I wasn't about to interrupt vacation!)

My first appointment with the surgeon will be this Wednesday.  He will be reviewing my records and re-taking all of the measurements and re-doing his assessments.  It was March 2011 when I last saw him, and I was only 1 month in braces at that time.  My orthodontist will be sending him my recent impressions from July 3rd to look at for my appointment Wednesday (they are both in the same building - makes it VERY convenient)!  Then, as far as I know, I don't see the surgeon again until the Monday before surgery.  But who knows what will go on before now and then???  I know that I have 2 appointments with the OD in August for molds and last minor adjustments and I guess they will decide when to put the surgical hooks and wires on.  I am assuming that they don't need to do this much sooner than the beginning of September!? 

So- we are off and running... sort of!  I have a feeling it will be 2 months of hurry up and wait.  I plan in using the time to get into pretty good shape to better weather the pending assault on my body!!  I'll also use some of the time to figure out how to post some pics on the blog - and start a photo journal!!

Until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment